It’s been quite the year. Women and girls have been rising up, speaking up and standing up for one another in voices too loud to ignore. We are excited to take this momentum into 2019 with the Nebraska Legislative Session slated to begin on January 9.
During the session, we will continue to advocate for effective policy solutions that impact women and girls—like justice and safety for sexual assault survivors, protecting the right to safe and accessible reproductive healthcare, and advancing the economic stability of women and families in Nebraska.
Here’s a preview of the issues within our four priority areas—economic security, freedom from violence, sexual literacy and women in leadership—we’ll be working on:
- Building a system of services to support trafficking survivors—both youth and adults;
- Seeking simplifications in the process for sexual and domestic violence survivors to seek legal protection through protection orders;
- Enacting a Sexual Assault Survivors’ Bill of Rights;
- Promoting gender equity on corporate boards;
- Closing the wage gap through pay transparency;
- Supporting parents and care givers with paid leave programs to care for themselves and their families;
- Increasing access to affordable child care, so parents don’t have to choose between work and child care; and
- Protecting and supporting access to family planning services for all Nebraskans.
We’ll need your voice to speak up for women and girls! Advocacy is what keeps our work moving forward and we’re honored to continue this fight with you. We will keep you updated every step of the way and let you know when it’s time to contact your senators. The first action step is to find your senator.
Thank you for using your voice for women and girls!