If you are experiencing any types of violence and need assistance, community resources are available. Through these resources, you can connect with professionals trained to help you. The Women’s Fund is not a direct service provider.
Know that even taking this help takes incredible strength and resilience. You are not to blame. There are many different types of abuse. Are you or a loved one suffering from abuse? Here are the signs.
If your partner:
- Controls finances or refuses to share money
- Acts jealous or possessive
- Calls you names, insults or continuously criticizes you
- Monitors where you go, who you call or spend time with
- Prevents you from leaving or getting help
- Harms or threatens to harm you, your children, family or pets
It’s possible you are being abused.
If someone has:
- Forced sex or forced you to participate in sexual acts you did not want to
- Touched you sexually in any way while you were sleeping or using drugs or alcohol
- Manipulated or guilted you into sex or sex acts you did not want to do
- Made you feel concerned for your safety if you said no
It’s possible you have been sexually assaulted/abused. There is help available, please reach out.
- Call the 24-hour hotline at 402-345-7273.
- If you live outside Omaha, find the domestic/sexual violence program nearest you at: NebraskaCoalition.org
- If you are under 25, learn more about domestic/sexual violence online at LoveIsRespect.org or text LOVEIS to 22522.
- For legal support, visit Legal Aid of Nebraska.