The Women’s Fund of Omaha
We work on the most critical challenges facing women and girls by identifying issues through research, funding solutions by investing grant money in local nonprofits, and leading dynamic change by advocating for effective policy solutions.
Every time a woman has the opportunity to become a leader, to earn enough money to support her family or to escape a violent relationship, our community becomes a little stronger and more vibrant. And we come a little closer to realizing our vision of a community where every woman and girl has the opportunity to reach her full potential.- Michelle Zych, Executive Director
Research, Grant Making and Advocacy
Since 1990, the Women’s Fund has provided nearly $11 million in grants to programs working on addressing the most crucial issues facing local women and girls as identified by our research. The Women’s Fund has also established programs to meet unaddressed needs.
We are the only foundation that provides grants exclusively to programs for women and girls, and we are the leading organization researching issues concerning them.
Our research looks at issues impacting women and girls, including:
- Economic conditions
- Access to sexual education and health services
- Sex Trafficking in Nebraska
- Domestic Violence
- Status of Women’s Leadership
The Women’s Fund of Omaha examines issues and conducts research to provide informed support for initiatives that improve the lives of metropolitan area women and girls.
A community where every woman and girl has the opportunity to reach her full potential.
- American National Bank
- Clark Creative Group
- Lozier Corporation
- Methodist Health System
- Mutual of Omaha
- planitomaha, inc.
- TD Ameritrade
- Union Pacific
- Weitz Investment Management
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska
- Borsheims Fine Jewelry & Gifts
- Cox Communications
- First Data
- Memory of Linda Lazzaro Ricketts
- Valmont Industries
- America First Investment Advisors
- Conagra Brands
- Creighton University Heider College of Business
- Duryea Strategic Marketing LLC
- Medical Solutions
- Men Against Domestic Violence Action Coalition
- NEI Global Relocation
- Omaha Public Schools Foundation
- Omaha Steaks
- SAC Federal Credit Union
- Tifany Somer-Shley
- TJK Compliance Consulting, LLC
- University of Nebraska Omaha
- Wells Fargo