You are almost half way through the 30 Days of Action! Collective work and impact starts with you and is sustained by you. What conversations have you had? Who have you invited to take action?
There are some topics this week that might challenge everything you thought you knew. There is information that highlights sexual violence and could be triggering to some. Please take care of yourself. We’ve built in a pause on October 15 that we hope will build some space around the heaviness. Please remember to take care of yourself in a way that makes sense for you.
Here are the actions for this week (Monday-Sunday). Click through each day to find out more about what steps to take and why:
October 12: Learn About the Land You Live On
October 13: Advocate for Workplace Equity
October 14: Know Your Rights and Support Survivors
October 15: Pause to Replenish – HALF WAY!!!
October 16: Understand Sex Education
October 17: Support Black Women Authors
October 18: Start a Conversation with a Young Person in Your Life
Change is hard. Progress takes time. Keep pushing forward. Refuse to be silent. You’ve got this!
- “An Indigenous Peoples’ History of the United States” by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz
- “Believe Me: How Trusting Women Can Change the World” by Jaclyn Friedman and Jessica Valenti
- “Know My Name” by Chanel Miller
- “Eloquent Rage: A Black Feminist Discovers Her Superpower” by Brittney Cooper
- “These are My Eyes, This is My Nose, This is My Vulva, These are My Toes” by Lexx Brown James
- “The Body Is Not An Apology: The Power of Radical Self-Love” by Sonya Renee Taylor
We're Listening To
- This Land Podcast
- Trail of Tears episode of This American Life Podcast
- Dismantling Racism in the Workplace episode of Midwest Misfits Podcast
- Speak Up for Yourself (with Gabrielle Union) episode of Rants and Randomness
- Peggy Orenstein episode of The Sex Ed Podcast
- Make Sex Ed Queer Inclusive episode of Sex Ed with DB Podcast
- Tarana Burke and Brené on Being Heard and Seen episode of Unlocking Us w/ Brené Brown Podcast