How were the first few days of action? Have you downloaded your Action Calendar yet? What surprised you? We’d love to hear from you!
October has always been a busy month for the Women’s Fund and while we aren’t able to safely host our Lead the Change annual event this year, there is still work to be done and many actions that you can take as an individual. We challenge you to lead the change within yourself and your circle of influence. While life has changed for many during the pandemic and we have been confronted with the harsh reality that many of our systems are not working for everyone, this is the opportunity to rethink and rebuild. How will you show up?
Here are the actions for this week (Monday-Sunday). Click through each day to find out more about what steps to take and why:
October 5: Get the Facts about Sex Trafficking
October 6: Donate to the Women’s Fund
October 7: Stop Predatory Payday Lending
October 8: Attend Virtual Cocktails and Questions Event – Feminist Public Policy (Register now!)
October 9: Examine Your Language
October 10: Make Your Plan to Vote
October 11: Clean Out Your Closet and Support Trans Stitchin’
If you haven’t started yet, now is the time. This is your opportunity to create deep and lasting change for all Nebraskans. Keep going!
- “Hood Feminism” by Mikki Kendall
- “Not That Bad: Dispatches from Rape Culture” by Roxane Gay
- “Redefining Realness: My Path to Womanhood, Identity, Love & So Much More” by Janet Mock
We're Listening To
- Wayfair and Human Trafficking Statistics episode of You’re Wrong About Podcast
- What Does ‘Hood Feminism’ Mean For a Pandemic episode of NPR’S Code Switch
- VictimblamingToo episode of Backtalk by bitch media
- Prepping for November with Stacey Abrams & Lauren Jauregui episode of Vote! The Podcast