Understand Sex Education
Accurate, honest and complete information about sexual and reproductive health—including gender identity, sexual orientation and contraception—makes a difference in reducing negative health outcomes for young people. Comprehensive sex education in schools, as well as open dialogue on these topics with trusted adults, is essential. If you care for a young person and want information on how to advocate for sex education that supports your students’ well-being, take action today.
- Recommended Reading List via Get Checked Omaha
- Family Communications “Let’s Talk” Toolkit
- The problem with sex ed is… via SIECUS
- It’s Time for Congress to Give All Young People the Sexual Health Resources They Need to Thrive via Guttmacher Institute
- Better Sex Ed via Rewire.News